April 2, 2017
Dear Quashnet School Community,
I hope everyone had a little fun on April Fools' Day. There is something right in the world when April 1st falls on a weekend! :-)
April is a short and very busy month! Below are some dates to keep in mind-
- Monday, 4/3 - Early Release - students dismissed at @11:30 AM
- Monday, 4/3 - Bridgewater State University presents anti-bullying assemblies
- Tuesday, 4/4 - Jump Rope for Heart @ 2:45 in the gym
- Wednesday, 4/5 - Dress Rehearsal for the QS Talent Show @ 3:30 PM MMHS
- Thursday, 4/6 - Quashnet School Talent Show @ 6:00 PM MMHS
- Tuesday, 4/11 - ELA MCAS - All Grades 3-6
- Wednesday, 4/12 - ELA MCAS - All Grades 3-6
- Thursday, 4/13 - ELA MCAS - Grades 3-5
- Friday, 4/14 - Staff vs 6th Grade Floor Hockey Game
- APRIL VACATION (4/17-4/21)! Relax, rejuvenate, and be safe!
- Week of 4/24 - MCAS Make-ups
- Thursday, 4/27 - Special Olympics
- Thursday, 4/27 - Spelling Bee @ 5:30 PM
Although there is almost an entire term left of school, now is the time we start considering placements for the following school year. We do work very hard to balance classrooms both academically and social emotionally. It is important that we allocate all of our resources effectively to support student learning. If you have a concern regarding the placement of your child for next year, please let me know asap. I cannot guarantee a specific teacher, but all input received will be considered in the makeup of classes. If there are social considerations, please let me know that as well. Some families, for example, do not want cousins in the same class or neighbors as they spend too much time together. If you have twins, knowing your placement arrangement is very helpful. Any information received will be kept confidential. Again, my goal is to create balanced classrooms where the focus is on learning and growth. If you would like to share any placement concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of 2017-18 Placements before April vacation.
Are you dying to find something fun to do?
Well, look no further!
Mark your calendars for a great night out
without the kids!
This evening event is being sponsored by
QS and KCC PTOs. It is sure to be a great evening with friends, fun, laughter, and a little mystery!
Hope to see you there!
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!