January 14, 2018
Dear Quashnet School Community,
Monday, January 15th, there is no school in observance and remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s lasting impact. Every student I spoke to this week could cite facts and the importance of this American hero. I hope you all have the opportunity to reflect on how the words and actions of this one individual has impacted you. The potential in all of us to influence those around us is significant; using that influence in a positive way can be life changing. As Dr. King said, "The time is always right to do the right thing."
Coming this Thursday is another concert night at Quashnet. The instrumental concert highlights all the band and strings students in grades 4-6. It is a great night to see and hear learning in action. Last week was the choral concert and it was fabulous! Even if your child does not participate in the music program, your family is more than welcome to attend the concert. It can spark an interest!
|Grade 3 Students of the Week|
1. G. enters the learning spaces full of positive energy and a big smile. She lifts up those around her and always tries her best.
2. J. put a lot of effort into his researching about the blue whale and it shows in his report.
3. M. has been working hard during class lately. He is very motivated to improve his math skills. Keep up the great work!
4. S. has been working so hard. She always gives her best effort and shows a desire to improve. She has shown big improvements in all areas and proved that hard work and consistent effort pays off.
5. J. is quiet leader in the classroom. He is attentive and eager to learn and works equally well independently and in a group.
6. M. has shown the Falcon 5 of responsibility, especially for making appropriate choices.
If your child comes home with a Student of the Week certificate, a bumper sticker or bracelet, be sure to ask them why they were recognized and celebrate their achievements! They are doing something in a "great way!"
Reminder: Session 2 Clubs
Clubs begin the last week of January. Please click the link to sign up https://goo.gl/forms/wsgbLlYOYAiQe2fk2. As you will see, some clubs have a maximum number of students. If there is a great interest above that number we will break the club into two 8-week sections. Clubs are filled on a first-come first-serve basis. Club participation confirmations will be sent out as soon as possible. Sign-ups will close on Monday, January 15th. Please be aware that some clubs meet twice a week. Any questions or problems with the link please call Mrs. Pagano at 508-539-1550.
Enjoy the week ahead and Go PATS!