Sunday, January 14, 2024

 .    .         

Quashnet Facebook

Take a moment and follow the Quashnet school on Facebook here: 

https://www.facebook.com/quashnet/

January 14, 2023 

Staff Additions

Starting next week we are going to have a student teacher joining us in Mrs. Jones' fourth-grade classroom and an intern from MMHS shadowing Mrs. Morrison during lunch bunches.

The following messages are for staff and students from these two new members of the Quashnet family that we will be welcoming.


Dear parents of Quashnet students,

Hello all, my name is Talia Dimaggio. I am pleased to inform you that I will be shadowing in the School Counseling Offices for the next few months of the 2023-2024 school year. I will be working with counselors as this is a stepping stone in my career pathway. Currently, I am a senior at Mashpee Middle High School and I am taking the initiative to pursue my dream career in the counseling field. I am 16 years old and currently taking dual-enrollment courses through Cape Cod Community College to graduate early with the Class of 2024. Going forward, I will be shadowing at Quashnet School 3 days a week during the lunch periods from 11-1. It brings me so much joy to be writing this letter to inform you of my new exciting opportunity. I am so grateful for this experience and very thankful for the cooperation of the parents, students, administration, and most importantly the counselors. During my days at Quashnet, I will be around the offices as well as popping into some classes for observation and observing recess as well. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the guidance office. Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to this shadowing experience!

Thank you,

Talia Dimaggio

Mashpee Middle-High School Senior


Hat & Hood Fundraiser

The student council will be putting on a hat & hood fundraiser on the next three upcoming Fridays (January 12,19, and 26) to raise money for the fifth and sixth-grade social they put on at the beginning of February.  To raise funds, all students can bring $1 to school on those days and donate it to the Student Council. By donating $1 students are then given a wristband and allowed to wear a hat or hood in school for the entire school day.

Generally, these are fun days for students and it is a simple way for the Student Council to raise money they then will use on their social for things such as decorations and snacks for that evening. The beauty of a fundraiser like this is that it is run by the students and they earn the money they need to make their social fun.

I'll go over this with students in lunches this week. The rules are:

  1. Hat and hoods cannot cover any part of the student’s face.

  2. Hat and hoods cannot come down below a student’s eyebrows.

  3. All hats and hoods have to be school-appropriate.




Upcoming Concert Schedule

January 23 (6:00pm Start): Grade 6 Evening Band/Chorus/Orchestra Concert

January 24 (6:00pm Start): Grade 5 Evening Band/Chorus/Orchestra Concert

January 25 (6:00pm Start): Grade 4 Evening Band/Chorus/Orchestra Concert 



Upcoming Art Display 



It’s GREAT to be in MASHPEE, 

A Connected Community.


Elijah Switzer
Quashnet School Principal

1 comment: