May 21, 2017
Dear Quashnet School Community,
It is hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend will be here next weekend! It always amazes me how fast this time of year goes. It seems there is one event at another - with field trips and great opportunities to support and celebrate our students.
Have you been in touch with Mrs. MacIntire for Career Day? It is this Friday, May 26th. This is such a fabulous event for students where they learn about a wide variety of career options. Parents, families, friends, and community members share their skills and explain to students their chosen career and the training they needed. We are all appreciative of Mrs. MacIntire for her organization of this great event! Students are encouraged to dress for their desired career.
Thank you Robert O'Neill, Brady Fraser, Colton Colleran, Paul Casey and QS NEHS students who organized the third grade Post-MCAS Celebration. The students enjoyed a beautiful afternoon of sun and fun on the Quashnet field. The slip and slide seemed to be the big hit of the day - that's for sure! This was a community service event led by these National Honor Society students with support from Mrs. Babich, Mrs. Avtges, teacher and parent volunteers.
A few reminders for the last few weeks of school:
1. If you are planning on chaperoning any field trips - you must have an up to date CORI check. Download the form here and bring it to the superintendent's office. CORI Form
2. Please check your house for library books - Mrs. Pons will soon be conducting a complete inventory of our school library.
3. Students are allowed to have water bottles in the classroom, but only water please - no juice or sports drinks.
4. As the weather gets warmer and the classrooms get hotter, please keep in mind appropriate clothing for school. See the handbook for details.
5. Consider a hat for recess - it is sunny and hot out there! Sunglasses are permitted on the playground, but not inside the building.
6. MCAS season is over....but not school! Everyday and every minute counts right up to June 22!
7. After school clubs end next week. The last day for all clubs is June 1, 2017.
8. June 8th, will be the last day for the late bus.
The push is on! Did you receive a letter from the School Council, K-Kids, and NEHS students this week about the service dog project? Can you help sponsor your child for a chore or good deed and contribute to this meaningful initiative? Students - get your name on the Donor Wall of Fame! We can achieve this TOGETHER - we so appreciate your support! If you are looking for more information, please contact the main office at 508-539-1550.
Saturday night was yet another fabulous QS/KCC PTO event at Quashnet Valley Country Club. Thank you PTO and all supporters for enhancing the educational experience for all students!
There is no mystery in why it's great to be in Mashpee!
Please be sure to check out the calendar of events on the "This Week Tab" above for all Quashnet weekly happenings. Fun weekly pictures can be viewed on the Photo tab.
Wishing you all a productive week ahead!
Remember our veterans on Monday, May 29, 2017.